Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Is this pattern worth $2.50 plus shipping?

I was browsing on Ebay today, searching for "vintage pineapple patterns" when this picture caught my eye: "Wow, that is a cool afghan!" I thought, as I eagerly clicked on the item for a better look.
Upon closer inspection, I saw this:

Hmm.
Oh, yeah, I remember it now! Of course I do, how could I ever forget? I loved designing this afghan! I remember it like it was yesterday!

Not really. I know I designed it (it has my name on it, so I must have), but I have no idea when, who for, or what ever became of it after it was published. It looks like it was either published in an old 'Annie's Favorite Crochet', or maybe 'Hooked on Crochet', probably in the late 90's. I may even have a copy of it somewhere.
I was never very good about keeping up with my published designs back then, I actually just gave most of my copies away. Only in the last year or so have I started to compile my books and designs in binders (the ones I have anyway.)So I guess maybe I should buy this little pattern and add it to my binder. After all, if I don't love it, who will?

5 comments:

Jen said...

Pretty afghan!

Just wanted to stop by and let you know you won the Spider Lace Sock pattern from my blog. Just shoot me an email to jen AT knittinglikecrazy DOT com and I will send it to you right away.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

Chyrls Origami said...

Its very beautiful! :)

I would pay for something that's pleasant and makes me smile..so I would say..worth it.

crochethuahua said...

That was a nice coincidence! I'd say it is worth more than $2.50. It's a beautiful design.

Anonymous said...

It's well worth the price. I would say buy it even if it wasn't your pattern. :-) It's quite beautiful!

gwengoods said...

Definitely worth more than 2.50, beautiful!